«ROAD MAP» of implementation of the main directions of NAU Development Strategy for 2019-2021
Faculty of Cybersecurity, Computer and Software Engineering
Strategy of the Faculty
The Main Directions.
Functional management strategy
1) In-depth analysis of the competitiveness of the faculty and the adoption of a set of measures to improve it to the international quality standards for training IT professionals in the international and global labor market.
2) Attract additional financial resources by expanding the list of services offered.
3) Increasing the level of partnership and cooperation with leading domestic and foreign organizations, enterprises, institutions, ZVO – leaders in the field of cybersecurity, software engineering and development and application of complex software and software-hardware complexes (EPAM Systems Ukraine, ITERA Consulting GROUP, Globalogic, Luxoft, Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (Department of Information Technologies), SSU, NAS of Ukraine, SE “ZAVOD 410 CA” of the State concern “Ukroboronprom” and others – henceforth “Companies”.
4) Expanding the list of Stakeholder Companies, signing cooperation agreements with them.
5) Practical implementation of the directions stated in the agreements on cooperation with special emphasis on improving the material and technical base of the departments of the faculty, updating the content of training and professional preparation of the teaching staff of the departments.
6) Promoting and supporting measures to update the educational standards of training of NAU specialists by involving mechanisms of cooperation with the IT Association of Ukraine.
7) Development of corporate culture and image of the faculty in order to gain positions in the educational IT environment
1) Development of a complete educational and methodological provision of disciplines in accordance with industry standards of the next generation of education.
2) Development of approaches to introduction of provision of educational services in the mode of the newest variant forms of education: online, distance, dual, mixed, inclusive, formation of skills “soft-skills”.
3) Development and introduction into the educational process of the latest integrated learning technologies, techniques and equipment created by the results of scientific research.
4) Conducting student practices at the Company’s facilities.
5) Harmonization of topics of students’ qualification works with current directions of the Company’s activity.
6) Increasing the level of English language skills of the EPS for the development of the English language project.
Development and transfer of scientific researches
1) Development and enhancement of the potential of scientific schools, involvement of them in the implementation of basic and innovative research, intensification of their activities on improving the efficiency of training of scientific personnel, scientific guidance of graduate students, doctoral students, formation of conditions for ensuring academic integrity.
2) Increase in applied and basic research in the IT field.
3) Improvement of scientometric indicators of the Faculty’s NPP.
4) Cooperation with Companies in the field of education, science and innovation – joint implementation of projects, preparation of start-ups, etc.
5) Conducting training of teachers in the positions of Companies.
6) Involvement of scientific and pedagogical staff of NAU in speeches, lectures, trainings, seminars for Company representatives in relevant areas.
7) Participation of NAU representatives in hackathons and other events held by the Developer Company as invited guests.
Internationalization. Developing international relationships and strategic partnerships
1) Development of the academic mobility program.
2) Use of Internet technologies for faculty advertising.
3) Continuous monitoring of the needs of the educational services market in the modern innovative areas.
4). Promoting the development of cooperation between NAU and educational institutions of EU countries in the cities of the Company’s foreign representation.
5) Implementation of mutually beneficial information support measures with Companies: coverage of events on Internet resources; promotional printed matter; creation of information drives (excursions, visits, etc.).
Youth policy in the context of strategic development
1) Supporting activities of vocational guidance among future students with student involvement (friendly meetings, conversations, excursions, etc.).
2) Formation of sustainable development of educational and scientific processes by expanding the sphere of communication of students and teaching staff through the use of global networks, mobility of teachers and students.
3) Realization of the complex approach to work with gifted student youth, wide involvement of it in scientific activity, participation in competitions, various creative competitions, conferences, seminars of young scientists and students, formation of the cell of creative students with an orientation to the future scientific and pedagogical activity appropriate preparatory work for entry to graduate school.
4) Formation of common culture, universal values, spirituality, patriotism, healthy lifestyle and behavior of students, careful attitude to state property, adherence to the rules and rules of residence in the hostel, participation in crowds and other activities for the improvement of the territory.
5) Promotion of legal culture, education of students in the need for active counteraction to anti-social behavior, offense, spirituality, cruelty.
6) Development of artistic and aesthetic culture of students on the basis of their involvement in amateur artistic groups, conducting thematic evenings, creative and intellectual competitions, games, debates, meetings with writers, poets, actors, visiting museums, theaters, exhibitions and more.
Personnel policy as a component of human potential development
1) Improving the quality of the faculty’s curriculum based on the use of modern innovative and multimedia technologies in the educational process in order to improve quality and integration into the international educational space.
2) Increase in the share of young scientific-pedagogical workers with scientific degrees and academic titles through their quality training in graduate and doctoral studies by strengthening the control over the preparation, quality of dissertations and the implementation of scientific guidance.
3) Increasing the role of individual plans of teachers’ work as an element of the system of raising the teacher’s professional rating.
4) Increasing the level of partnership and cooperation with potential employers.
5) Promotion of international internships and professional development of EPS.
Informatization of activity and innovative management
1) Bringing the faculty to a new level of informatization and use of new technologies of education: increase of knowledge-intensiveness and professional orientation of disciplines, introduction of innovative technical means of education in the educational process, introduction of electronic textbooks, use of existing and formation of specialized electronic libraries.
2) Introduction of electronic document management system at the faculty, improvement and development of information management systems of the faculty, information-analytical system of management of the educational process.
3) Implementation of the results of modern, innovative, fundamental and applied research into the educational and teaching-methodical processes of the faculty.
Development of technical base
1) Updating facilities, multimedia equipment and computer equipment with the help of Companies with a venue to provide favorable conditions for student learning and staff work.
2) Conducting redistribution, repair, technical equipment of the auditor’s fund of the departments of the facult